Saturday, July 10, 2010

Daily Gratitude

I awoke another day to the birds chirping, the sun shining and the air so fresh from an overnight rain storm. Wow, it sure feels like paradise and I know Colorado in the summer months is as beautiful as any other place on this globe. I can't help but feel my gratitude pouring out with each morning yawn. A good friend once told me the best favor we can do for ourselves is focus our energy on what we're thankful for. "That which we think about and thank about, we bring about," my friend exclaims when my energy has apparently shifted towards unnecessary worries.

So with that in mind, today, I am grateful for:

The sun shining
The rolling clouds
Afternoon rain showers
Friends & Family who bring out the best in me
Having multiple jobs
Having goals and aspirations
The money in my wallet (even if not that much :))
The roof over my head
The food in my kitchen
The books that line my bedroom
The bed I sleep on
The Honda Civic that gives me problems but ultimately serves its purpose
Music, music and more good music
Spanish language
The mountain view I have every breakfast
and today I'm most grateful for having today to be alive!

Hopefully you'll take a few minutes every morning to consider what you're thankful for, try it... it might just be your new best habit.

No comments: